Thread: Jooz's Diary
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 11:20
Feeling more at home

Thumbs up Originally Posted today on "Hidden Gems" thread by Koh

Today, 09:57
Jooz

Thank you Koh for gathering up all the POSITIVES & putting them in one place!
Thank you Koh!

What a real delight to come to this section of the forum and read just everything that has "suddenly dawned on me after losing almost 50 kilos" from the very beginning of my Cohen's journey.

I started out at 110 kilos back in October of 2006 and lost 26 kilos and then emotional eating took over and I gained it all back to 105 kilos. January 1, 2008 I started the journey again and now I am around 62 - 63 kilos ......

* I have saved my own life by losing the weight and added years to my life!

* I no longer require surgery or have severe pain for surgical hernia's from botched surgeries or was it my own fault because I ate all the time, now I am able to manage them 100% and I was in alot of horrific pain evidently from the fat & twisted guts & now I'm not, just a hiccup every now and then but nothing that I can't live with.

* I feel so much better about myself and I am at peace with me and for once in my life I love myself which is the most important thing!

* People actually take double takes when they see me now because they try to figure out if they know me or not!

* No More blood pressure medication that I took for bloody 10 years, I don't need it!

* My cholesterol medication has been reduced in half & my doctor is pleased with my health which has improved 100%. (family history of high cholesterol & father had stroke @ 60yrs., all contributing factors to her precautions with keeping me on it, otherwise I would be off it now)

* I feel better than I have in over 20+ years physically and mentally, I feel that I have a whole new lease on life!

******& best of all I finally have learned HOW TO EAT HEALTHY for the first time in my life, after the initial shock of reduced amts. of food, better food choices I eat to live, not live to eat!

Thank you everyone for being here so that I could share this!

Have a Happy Cohen's Day!

Jooz