New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > Completed Diaries > Completed Personal Diaries

Notices

Old 04-03-2008, 14:58
Sum

Default Sum's Diary

Hey all,

I have been reading through this site for the last few weeks and found it to be really encouraging and i have decided to start the program.
I had my blood test on Saturday and i hope to get my program by next week!!
I am excited and also scared as i know this will be a huge test of my strength and will power, but i think its time.
Looking forward to sharing this journey will you all!

Sum
Old 04-03-2008, 15:27
I'm Committed - Or I should be!

Default Re: Sum's Diary

Welcome to the forum - a great place to be...

You will find a lot of others just starting out, people that have been on it for a while and before you know it you will be inspiring and supporting others too!
Mind~body~spirit approach is my winning formula

Goal 1: Under 80kg (done 4.5.13) Goal 2 - 75kg, Goal 3 Under 70kg, Goal 4 - normal BMI 65.8kg!! Goal 4 - final goal 65 - 62kg and start refeed

Old 04-03-2008, 15:29
I am here for good

Hi Sum,

Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to get all teh help and support you need

Connie

"If you think you can, or you think you can't you're right! " - Henry Ford

Old 04-03-2008, 16:36
I am here for good

hi sum, its only a test of yr strength and will power in the first week or so.....then your not hungry, not tired and not grumpy....how hard can that be. AND you only feel like that again if you deviate.

you'll be fine, just concentrate on the first week and take it from there.

good luck.

cheers penny

Goal 1 = 6kgs DONE; goal 2 = 12kgs; goal 3 = 18kgs; goal 4 = 24kg; goal 5 = 30kgs; goal 6 = 36kgs; goal 7 = refeed
Old 04-03-2008, 19:50
Part of the Furniture

Welcome Sum, I know you will do well.. this is the best diet not only for a quick loss but also to help you feel healthier and sleep better.. for me I sleep so much better and I can't remember when I last had a Mylanta tablet.. Maybe you sleep alright though.. Anyhow Welcome..
Old 04-03-2008, 20:16
Feeling more at home

Hi Sum

Thanks for the encouragement too! Nice to have a brand new fellow newbie to chat to and compare stories!!

You should have your program soon, mine was pretty quick I am pleased to say.

First day went pretty well, I mean I wasn't starving all day or anything and just avoided going near all those tempting things at the supermarket lol!!! I guess this first week might be a bit tough, but like the others said if we stick to it, you get over all the cravings etc and it is easy!

Did you go to a clinic to sign up or just all over the net?

Eskimo
Signed up 26/2/08 74kg Started 4/03 72.6kg 10/3 70.8kg 26/3 68.8kg  7/4 67.2 kg Mini Goal 65 kg Reached 26/4  28/4 64.4kg 2/7 58.2kg 6/7 57.4kg Cohen's Goal 55kg Reached 54.6kg 5/08/08 Now onto refeed
Old 04-03-2008, 20:55
On my way - To a new me.

Hi Sum

welcome to the forum and Cohen's. You've made such a great decision.
Not only do you get rapid weightloss, you get heaps of other health benefits too.
Like Jeannie said, I'm sleeping better, and my heartburn is gone (it helps not eating fat),
and these are just the things that are happening on the outside that we can notice, it's what's going on internally that adds years more to our lives.

Are you doing Pre-Cohen's eating, or saying goodbye to some favourites before you start. don't worry, the faves will still be there when you are thin, but you probably won't even want them

ttfn
babytime

"The strangest secret in the world is that you become what you think about. - Earl Nightingale.

Old 05-03-2008, 00:23
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

Welcome, Sum. I look forward to reading of your triumphs over the next few months.

AJ
What else do I do? I help people make money and I help people save money. Please take a look at http://www.acnlinks.clancie.com.au/
Back again for the support. Still think the diet and the forum are the best ever, but too old to do it again. Now losing again slowly on maintenance diet. Ticker shows next intermediate goal only (5 kilos).

Old 05-03-2008, 09:34
Feeling more at home

Welcome! I am just into my 4th week now. Will be good to share the experience!

How is it all going?
Old 05-03-2008, 11:15
Sum

Hey guys!!

thanks for the warm welcome!!

I have been trying to be good to prepare myself for this huge lifestyle change, like drinking 3 litres of water a day but as far as the food goes i'm just eating what i usually do.
I'm not a chocolate addict my weakness is camembert cheese and wine!! I think the alcohol thing will be the hardest part for me which when thinking about it is quite sad really - more concerned about giving up the wine than food!!
We are going away for 4 days to melb this friday, i've never been to melb so i'm really excited! We booked this trip in August last year and its come around so fast. So hopefully i have my program ready for when we get back so i can start straight away.
I think it will be our last holiday for a while.
I work from home so i always have the opportunity to eat whats in the fridge so thats going to be something i'll have to tackle.
I'm so excited, just reading diarys and seeing photos is so inspiring.
Just the thought of me buying clothes i've always wanted to wear and maybe even to borrow my sisters clothes.(shes a size 10 GRRR)
Ahhh can't wait!!
Talk soon
Sum
Old 05-03-2008, 15:24
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

Enjoy your weekend, sum. I spent the last few days before I started eating and drinking things I really liked that I wouldn't get to have for a long time. I was really concerned about having to give up wine. I was drinking 2-3 glasses a day, and becoming concerned that I was too dependent on it. Also, I work in a winery one day a week. I was absolutely amazed when I didn't miss it from day 1. You may find avoiding the fridge a challenge for the first week or two, but stick to your eating plan absolutely and it gets much easier after that.

AJ
What else do I do? I help people make money and I help people save money. Please take a look at http://www.acnlinks.clancie.com.au/
Back again for the support. Still think the diet and the forum are the best ever, but too old to do it again. Now losing again slowly on maintenance diet. Ticker shows next intermediate goal only (5 kilos).

Old 05-03-2008, 18:06
I am here for good

hi sum. melbournes great, go nuts and have fun.

then come home and get on the program

alcohol was my big issue as well. i never even realised that it would be such a challenge. i have been fine at home, only struggle when its really hot and i feel like a beer. but i have been hopeless in social situations.

i think though after 4 months i am actually getting used to not drinking and i felt so bad about the deviations that i have been ok for a while now.

look forward to hearing from you when you get back from sunny melbourne.

cheers penny

Goal 1 = 6kgs DONE; goal 2 = 12kgs; goal 3 = 18kgs; goal 4 = 24kg; goal 5 = 30kgs; goal 6 = 36kgs; goal 7 = refeed
Old 06-03-2008, 11:49
Feeling more at home

HI Sum

Thanks for visiting my diary with your words of encouragement!!! We had a much better night last night with my daughter so things are looking up

I hope you have a fantastic time in Melbourne....I had to have a little giggle cause I actually did the same thing about 3 weeks ago for a girl's weekend away in Melbourne (was actually booked about 8 months ago before I had decided about Cohen's) but sort of saw it as my last hurrah on yummy bad food and was my first visit to Melbourne too!!! Gee it was so fantastic and the food was so delicious....would have been difficult being on a diet whilst down there Not that I went crazy or anything, but it was nice to enjoy all the tastes, sights etc without worrying about it.

Where about's are you staying? We stayed in Little Collins St which was a great location, plus you will do heaps of walking as well.

Seeing this is your last weekend of 'naughty' food....you must go to Lygon St to "Brunetti's" an Italian cake shop......the cakes are to die for...... (well it is just off Lygon St but ask and the locals will direct you!).

Anyways, have a fantastic weekend and be ready to give the program your all next week!!!

Eskimokiss
Signed up 26/2/08 74kg Started 4/03 72.6kg 10/3 70.8kg 26/3 68.8kg&nbsp; 7/4 67.2 kg Mini Goal 65 kg Reached 26/4&nbsp; 28/4 64.4kg 2/7 58.2kg 6/7 57.4kg Cohen's Goal 55kg Reached 54.6kg 5/08/08 Now onto refeed
Old 06-03-2008, 13:39
Sum

Hey again,

We are also staying on little collins st - Hotel Causeway, hubby says its pretty central and we can walk to shops and restaurants ect, i am so excited i am a family day carer so i have 5 kids (none of my own) all day at home, feels like i never leave the house! Thanks God for sleep time!! 4 days away will be great.

I heard the markets are really good as well as the shopping, will have to go back in a few months!!

Did you have to fly to melb? Its about 1 1/2 hr flight for us from Newcastle to Melb and we are about 1 1/2 hr drive from Newcastle so its a bit of a trek.

We got married 3 months ago and went to Phuket for our honeymoon- was amazing, the shopping was fantastic however would have been 1000 times better for me if i was about 25kgs smaller!! hubby has promised to take me back at end of the year, so theres some insentive to stick to my plan hey!

hope todays being good to you

Sum
Old 12-03-2008, 09:29
Sum

I'm Baaaaccckkk!!!

Melbourne was great! I loved it! But whats with all the walking, sheesh i think we spent half the trip walking - not knowing where we going may have added to it

We ate and drank and drank some more - how much money am i going to save when i start this program!

Was really hoping it would arrive while we were away but got back monday night and it wasnt here, didnt come yesterday either - grrr i hate waiting.

I got given a dinner voucher to a really nice new restaurant in town for my birthday last month, so we decided to use it last night as i wanted to use it before the program.
The food was great however the wine isnt agreeing with me this morning! headache city here! I will not miss hangovers!

So i really hope it arrives today, if not i'll give them a call and see whats going on. In the meantime i'm still reading everyones diarys and loving how much its making me feel that - " I can do this, i can get results like this"

The photos are so great to see i might see if i can work out how to post some and get myself a ticker too...

Talk soon
Sum
Old 12-03-2008, 12:15
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

Great that you had such a good time in Melbourne, Sum. Did you find the free tram that runs round the edge of the CBD? That saves a lot of the walking I also took the opportunity to go to a really nice restaurant just before I started. Last chance for quite a while. Hope your eating plan comes today.

AJ

Old 12-03-2008, 20:03
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Hi Sum

welcome to the forum - Glad to hear you had a good time in Melbourne - I really like it there too. I hope you get your program soon - make sure you get good and organised so you won't feel flustered about being caught out without the right food.

Enjoy

Irene

Start Date: 10 Dec 2007 - Start Weight: 82.7 kg, 1st Goal: 72 kg - achieved Week 7, Day 2 (51 days) 2nd Goal: 62 kg - achieved Week 18, day 6 (132 days) Final Goal: 52 kg
Old 12-03-2008, 21:16
Sum

hey again guys!!!

I hate waiting! i really do.

Last week the clinic said enjoy your time in melbourne your program will be waiting for you when you get back.

I rang today and it doesnt sound like i will have it until next week. GRRRRR

I'm getting anxious cos all week i've been telling myself tommorow i'll start..... it will be here soon. The mailman must think i am a crazy person waiting for him at the mailbox.

I am also waiting for my dog to have her puppies, its driving me insane, i keep going outside and trying to will them out, so far no luck.
I dont want her to have them tonight, i'd much rather sleep!

What am i going to be like if i ever have a baby, sheesh 9 months will feel like an eternity i've only been waiting 60 odd days for the puppies.

So i guess i have no other choice but to sit here and drink my wine and read some diary entrys

Talk soon

Sum
Old 12-03-2008, 21:51
I'm Committed - Or I should be!

In case I haven't said it already...welcome! It is so hard keeping up with people's diaries with so many newies...

Sounds like you can't wait - all the better with enthusiasm and drive you will do really, really well!
Mind~body~spirit approach is my winning formula

Goal 1: Under 80kg (done 4.5.13) Goal 2 - 75kg, Goal 3 Under 70kg, Goal 4 - normal BMI 65.8kg!! Goal 4 - final goal 65 - 62kg and start refeed

Old 12-03-2008, 23:17
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

Drink your wine? Enjoy an extra one for me!

Sorry to hear you still have to wait. Hope it turns up earlier than expected.

AJ

Tags
diary , sum