New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > Starting and Running > NEW MEMBERS... Start here!

Notices

Old 26-08-2009, 16:36
Feeling more at home

Default The first day of the rest of my life

Hi there,
I just wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to Cohens and this forum!
My name is Jen and I'm 28 yrs old. Today is the first day on the programme and so far so good in fact it's been easier then I imagined ~ will let you no how I'm feeling in a few days though.............
I have 20 kg to loose and I'm so excited and pumped, it still doesn't seem real that maybe and not too long away I may just get there.
Did anyone else have that feeling that it just wasn't real, I think I have accepted for so long that I was going to be overweight forever that the thought of being slim was just a thought.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully from time to time getting some advice and motivation.
Old 26-08-2009, 16:42
On my way - To a new me.

Default Re: The first day of the rest of my life

Hi Jen
Congrats on making the step! Hook yourself up with a ticker so we can see your progress and a diary so you can check in and write about how things are going. You will find this forum super friendly and supportive. 20 kg is not a huge amount to lose, you will be there in no time if you stick to it and don't deviate. Good luck!

Goal 1>5kgDONE 17/07/09 Goal 2>80kgDONE 29/07/09 Goal 3>10kgDONE 11/08/09 Goal 4>75kgDONE 26/08/09
Goal 5>69.9kg: DONE 23/10/09Goal 6>65:DONE 26/11/09 Goal 7>63kg:1.3kg to go Goal 8>61kg:3.3kg to go
Old 26-08-2009, 18:55
On my way - To a new me.

Hi Jen,

Welcome aboard! I'm 28 too - and I started with about 16kgs to lose. I think as you journey through this program and see the kilos falling off, you'll find it starts to feel more real. I'm kind of still in shock that the program actually working so well so far (today is end of week 3 for me) - it really does work if you stick to it 100%.. obviously I don't have huge length of experience... but so far, I'm loving it - and I bet you will too!

Best of luck

Old 26-08-2009, 19:28
Workin it!

Hey Jen!
I'm 27 and had over 20kgs to loose and let me tell you... this is one heck of a place to be!
The forum is so so so supportive, and the program does all the things they say it does as long as you follow it 100%

so, hold on tight, this will be one ride you will never forget and I promise you.... it is REAL!!
Old 26-08-2009, 19:43
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi Jen,

Welcome - you've come to the right place

Quote:
it still doesn't seem real that maybe and not too long away I may just get there.
Well, based on what you say, I'd reckon this is going to be one helluva memorable Christmas for you. Rockin' by Summer methinks - hot in a bikini this year for you !!

Meanwhile, I'm intrigued by your name - mum24under4 - my immediate thought was that you run a pre-school (kindergarten) thingy..... How close am I ?? Or do you have 24 kids under 4 ?

Koh
Old 26-08-2009, 20:53
Feeling more at home

Ha ha 24 kids under 4, my god that would be crazy and I'm sure I wouldn't have a weight problem ~ I wouldn't have time to eat! lol
it should have read mum 2 ~4 under 4, thats enough for me. (am I able to amend my user name??)
Thanks everyone for your support I have had great first day and although temptation has been placed in front of me a couple of times I have managed to avoid it without too much trouble.
Not too sure about the bikini, I had twins 7 months ago and they were pretty big boys so my tummy has been stretched beyond what I ever thought skin could be streched too ~ so not a good look, however a nice one piece might do me.
I read everyone's stories and I am so inspired and I hope it can be me on here not too long away encouraging new members to stick with it and telling my success story.
I have such a good feeling about this, I know I'm going to do it....
talk to you all soon
Old 27-08-2009, 10:39
Part of the Furniture

Talking Re: The first day of the rest of my life

Hi and congrats on makeing the first step in the right direction I'm sure you will lose your weight it wont take long at all. I hope the scales are very kind to you

Old 27-08-2009, 15:31
Feeling more at home

Hi guys,

I'm new too. My partner and I are getting our programs sent out today. I'm very excited about starting. I have about 20 kgs to lose - partner about 30kg - so between us that is quite a few but we are very motivated. I have never been on a diet before (and to be honest I am a bit skeptical of diets) - I used to be very athletic and a healthy eater so I did not think I would ever have a problem with weight. That changed when I hit 30 and stopped playing sport/training. Looking forward to getting back down to a healthy weight and being active again - it's such an awesome feeling being fit and healthy - I miss it.

Anyhoo, enough on me. Just logging on to say hello.

Cheers,

Kat

Tags
day , life , rest