New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > New Diaries

Notices

Old 28-06-2013, 22:35
Feeling more at home

Default My life changing journey

Hi all, my name is Elise and I'm a 42 yo mother of 4. I have struggled with my weight ever since I was a teenager. I am on Cohens for my second time, first time I got pregnant with Miss now 3! Oh and that will not be happening this time around, I'm certain!

So, here I am about half way through my Cohens journey. I have felt mostly highly motivated to succeed and beat my weight issues once and for all.

For me, this time, I think Miss 3 will see me succeed and also finally having the stark realisation that I will be monitoring my diet for the rest of my life. Miss 3 needs a fit, active and healthy mum, as do my other children.

I would be lying if I said there aren't days that I struggle, I use positive motivational quotes to push me through and the numbers on the scales help!

Why I joined the forum tonight, half way through.........because I am battling some the last few days, I feel like I'm plateauing and not achieving as quickly as I would like, regardless of being 100% deviation free! I also think that I joined tonight as for the most part I remain absolutely determined to reach my goal and that somewhere on my journey I may help someone else to jump their personal hurdles and achieve their goals.

I look forward to becoming an active forum member. Elise

Old 29-06-2013, 07:18
On my way - To a new me.

Default Re: My life changing journey

Hello Elise,

looks like you're far ahead of me already, what fantastic progress you've made! Just wanted to say welcome!, and I'll be keeping an eye on you, as we're currently at a similar weight (though I need to get down to 62).

Old 29-06-2013, 18:46
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Welcome

Look how far you have come!! Plateaus are mentally frustrating but you have to see it through! Just allow your body the time to adjust and collect itself before it moves some more. Be kind to yourself and get excited about your success so far! I mean really... 20kgs down is a great feat!!

I am waterwise x2
100% Cohens challenge! x2
Old 01-07-2013, 14:01
Doin it for the last time

My NYF Diary

Hi Elise!!

Well done all you have achieved already!! Feels good, huh?!
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

I'm MANGOIFICENT & WATERWISE ALWAYS!!! x ?x ?
Old 01-07-2013, 14:47
On my way - To a new me.

Awesome work on what you've achieved already that's awesome!

Good stuff keep up the great work, looking forward to getting to "know" you! x

Got close to goal then FINALLY fell pregnant after 3 IVF rounds!

Lost 17kgs in 2013
Had baby girl July 2014

Back again March 2017 to lose 20kgs
Really want to be lucky enough for IVF to work again so come at me Cohens!
Old 02-07-2013, 16:18

Fabulous work so far, keep on keeping on through the plateau! You will get there!
Some other forumites swap meals round when things slow, like meal 1 thats seems to mostly get taken as breakfast, make it lunch or dinner type thing.. See if it helps?
Refeed 10/10/13 Total lost start refeed 30.5kg
End Refeed lost 30.8kg

Maintaining 26/10/13
GOALS: 10 Kg--done!, 15kgs--facial & massage-done!, 20kgs--new riding boots-done!, 25kgs--Can't decide? But- done!, Target weight! New riding outfit-done!!

Last edited by Relles; 02-07-2013 at 16:20.
Old 02-07-2013, 17:17
Stumbling through Life

My NYF Diary

Hello Elise! Welcome to the forum!
Congrats on your amazing results to date! How long have you been back OP (On Plan)?
Just take things one day at a time and when you need extra motivation, a good laugh or whatever to help you through your day, just log into the forum and you'll find all the answers, advise and assistance that you could ever have dreamed for!
Best of luck
xxxx
Old 14-09-2013, 19:00
Feeling more at home

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I haven't been n in a while as life just got busy. Tracking along ok but things have definitely slowed down which I'm finding frustrating. The forum is so helpful, I will make the effort to try to get on every day or two. Only about 6.5 to go to top range of recommended goal. Am feeling very tired at the moment. I remain deviation free and committed to finally succeed. Thanks again.

Old 15-09-2013, 07:18
Feeling more at home

Well done and welcome...you have done an amazing job so far and I am nearly at the end like you!! The last few are always the hardest to loose and can be the most frustrating I am told...I am preparing myself mentally. However, I have also been told that those last few are where a lot of the sculpting happens so make sure you are checking your measurements as you may be losing cm instead of kg. One thing I make sure I remember is look how far I have come.....you have lost 35 so far and that is a huge amount...again Well Done!!! It will happen...and I am sure you will never look back.....I am doing this for the same reasons as you...I have two boys aged 2 and 7 months and I turn 40 next year....so I want to be fit and healthy for my energetic boys

I know they don't advise exercising whilst on the programme as this can make you hungry, however, I walk with my boys about 3 times a week and when I get home I have my apple. I believe this is helping with my weight loss. Just an idea to help the plateau. But I know it is not recommended. Doesn't make me hungrier and the endorphins I get from exercise help me feel good

Anyway, hope the plateau stops soon and all the best for the rest of your journey.
Tash
Old 15-09-2013, 12:46

You are both doing great! So close it won't be too long now and you will be at refeed

I am waterwise x2
100% Cohens challenge! x2
Old 16-09-2013, 11:28

My NYF Diary

You are doing AMAZING ED!! And in the healthy/ideal/normal BMI range!!
♥ First 5 ♥ Under 100♥ In the 90's ♥ In the 80's ♥ 85 ♥ In the 70's ♥ become 'normal' ♥ Back to the 60ís ♥ GOAL

Old 06-11-2013, 22:28
Feeling more at home

So, it's me checking back in again. I've reached the top if my goal range and am starving hungry, I'm sure I could literally eat a horse. I have had my blood test on Monday and am waiting results and clinic to order refeed. I've been a bad girl tonight in the worst possible way, pizza! I'm feeling disgusting and ashamed, to have lost 41kg in 7 months without once wavering and to be at this point and to drop it completely is soooooooooo wrong. I've got to pull myself together and get back on track. Im totally completely embarrassed to fess up on the forum but am utterly desperate to have some support - little lacking since my local clinic closed and my support clinic is over 4000klms away. So there it is, it's out there........I know Ive done damage I guess i just have to wait and see how much. Also wanted to share my experience to let others know not to do this, I feel absolutely disgusting right now and am sure it will get worse as the bad food foes through my system, the shame of what I've done is not great.

Old 06-11-2013, 22:47
On my way - To a new me.

Don't be so hard on yourself!! You've done so well to get to here and you should be proud.
Take stock of your feelings and thoughts now you've deviated and try to remember this feeling next time you want to deviate. Hope that helps... Tomorrow is a new day and a clean slate.

Awesome post - A Thank You from :-
Old 07-11-2013, 06:06

Oh no! I have been getting close to deviation land not due to hunger, but due to boredom and frustration that I am being "perfect" but the scales are refusing to move. I am getting my measurements done today, so hopefully they tell the story I want them to.

You should check with your clinic, but what I have been told is that you need to be deviation free for ten days before you begin your refeed for it to work properly. You can ask to see if you can up your cracker/fruit portions to stave off deviation and to get you through the ten days before refeed. I would check with your clinic if I were you....you don't necessarily need to divulge the nature of your deviation if you don't want to tell them specifics, but they will be able to give you the correct advice (I am only telling you what my consultant has told me).

You have come so far, and you are so close - exciting! Ten days is nothing, you know how fast it can go.
First Round Cohens March 2012: 77.4 - 52.0 in 19 weeks
Second Round Cohens June 2013: 73.2ish - 53.6
Goal Range: 52-55kg. Ticker set for 52kg.
Refeed started on 16 Nov 2013

Old 07-11-2013, 13:04

My NYF Diary

Hey ED!

I reckon the closer you get to refeed the harder it is to resist temptation to deviate!! Just dust yourself off and keep going!! You're so close it's CRAZY!! Refeed is basically the most important part, so do whatever it takes to do it!!

Hope you get some advice re: 10 days df before refeed... I am semi-positive on this rule too, though Rebecca (gay'zin) was allowed to refeed even though she deviated. Best to check!!

And well done!!!

Old 07-11-2013, 13:24
Feeling more at home

Thanks everyone. I've been totally paying for the deviation, in fact so much so that I'm certain I won't do it again! Have "dusted myself off" and even thrown out the sources of temptation this morning. Have emailed the clinic and owned my deviation and await their response. If it means 10 days then that's what I'll do. Will be refocusing today and I hope that the clinic comes back with some practical solutions. You guys rock xx thanks so much

Old 07-11-2013, 20:44
Feeling more at home

Totally refocused today, feeling dodgy in the tummy still though. Found this and thought I'd share - don't quit!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (63.2 KB, 20 views)

Old 08-11-2013, 14:00

My NYF Diary

Keep it up, ED!!

Awesome post - A Thank You from :-
Old 08-11-2013, 15:12
Feeling more at home

All over this the last 2 days. Feeling positive again. haven't heard from the clinic re re-feed and the 10 day hing yet but will do the 10days anyway I've decided. My weight is even starting to drop again. Yay. Thanks again everyone x

Old 10-11-2013, 01:00
Feeling more at home

Another great day today, feeling really positive and getting on with things. I had prawns, lettuce, green capsicum and tomato for lunch and enjoyed it so thoroughly. Mango is in season up here and cheap and easy to access, I'm loving mango for the first time in my life just enjoying the simple things and keeping focussed. Hope you are all tracking ok out there.

Tags
changing , journey , life