New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > Completed Diaries > Completed Personal Diaries

Notices

Old 11-01-2008, 01:21
I am here for good

My NYF Diary
Default SMS's Diary

Well, I picked up my program late this evening. Right. Ideal target range is 69-72 kg. Interesting as my Military discharge weight at 20 years old was 69 Kg and my prime weight at 44 while still a commercial diver was 72. My personal target is 70 kg which means I'm looking at a 24 kg loss. Planning to see that around the end of April. As my working hours are stupid I'll use Saturday to do the initial laying in of stock & do the cut/weigh/bag/freezing and Sunday will be the kickoff!

What is interesting is my consultant told me that it's the first time that he has seen multiple weight choices for my meals (2nd meal). For both the meat meal or chicken meal I am given a choice of two weight combos (e.g., 125g meat + 105 Veg OR 110g meat + 120g Veg) Similar choices for chicken as well (nothing like it for the 3rd meal though). Also given a healthy crispbread allowance of 9 per day + 3 fruit. Now if I can only learn to drink enough water.

I'm really psyched up about this!

Last edited by asy; 07-03-2009 at 13:01. Reason: diary verified -asy.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:13
I'm Committed - Or I should be!

Default Re: SMS's Diary

Welcome SMS - I think the guys will be relieved that there is another male on the forum!

Goodluck with this - wow you have heaps of crispbreads 9! I don't know anyone else who has that many...anyway the weight will drop off so quick its amazing
Mind~body~spirit approach is my winning formula

Goal 1: Under 80kg (done 4.5.13) Goal 2 - 75kg, Goal 3 Under 70kg, Goal 4 - normal BMI 65.8kg!! Goal 4 - final goal 65 - 62kg and start refeed

Old 11-01-2008, 10:33
Here for the long haul

Hey SMS...welcome to the forum.

I have the same thing in my lunch and again at dinner. Lunch is two weight choices of chicken and dinner is two weight choices of fish...I didn't realize that isn't just like everyone else's. Since I am from the States I joined online so I don't have a consultant.

Good luck...you will get used to the food in no time.

Cindy

Start 2nd & Final Plan: 10 Jun 09 @ 77kg/170lb | Start 1st Plan: 3 Jan 08 @ 83.9kg/184.5lb |
Finish Refeed: 12 May 08 @ 65.5kg/144lb - - Taking It Day By Day
Old 11-01-2008, 10:49
I'm Committed - Or I should be!

Oh forgot to say - don't forget to add a ticker! Then we can all watch it go down
Mind~body~spirit approach is my winning formula

Goal 1: Under 80kg (done 4.5.13) Goal 2 - 75kg, Goal 3 Under 70kg, Goal 4 - normal BMI 65.8kg!! Goal 4 - final goal 65 - 62kg and start refeed

Old 11-01-2008, 11:57
Forum Grease Monkey

My NYF Diary

Good luck SMS. Who was your consultant ? Peter is the skinnier guy, I forget the name of the other who when I first met him said he had another 30kg to lose and was on the program. When I walked in again 6 months later to pick up my refeed and I was -50kg, I think he still had 29.5kg to go. It did make me wonder what sort of a message the clinic gives out when the principles are overweight.

I two had multpile Beef choices for meal three, and I think multiple chicken for meal 2. Well done on the crispbread and fruit allowance, I would have killed for that extra food ! I do wonder why that is though. I know LF had 3 fruits but I put him down to being a lot taller. I know how tall you are so that can't possibly be your reason. Could it be because you'll be turning 76 next year ?
Old 11-01-2008, 12:13
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Welcome SMS
Good luck on your journey to a new you.
Baloo both hubby and I have 3 fruits a day but only one can be a apple. I am 5'3" and he is 5'10" so I think your therory on the hieght may be off. I get 6 crackers (12 cause ours are 2 to 1) and he can have 7 or 14.
pudge
Old 11-01-2008, 12:25
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

My Eating Plan is similar to SMS's. I have two meat and two poultry choices in Meal 2, 3 fruit and 8 crispbreads. Interesting to see if others who are just starting have similar plans.

AJ
What else do I do? I help people make money and I help people save money. Please take a look at http://www.acnlinks.clancie.com.au/
Back again for the support. Still think the diet and the forum are the best ever, but too old to do it again. Now losing again slowly on maintenance diet. Ticker shows next intermediate goal only (5 kilos).

Old 11-01-2008, 13:04
Forum Grease Monkey

My NYF Diary

I'd be interested to see if more newbies have enhanced CB allowances. It sounds like Santa may have tweaked his food plan a bit.
Old 11-01-2008, 13:07

Hey welcome SMS

You'll be looking good in no time.

Just goes to show you that everyone's plan is different - even if only slightly.

Good luck with it.

Irene

Start Date: 10 Dec 2007 - Start Weight: 82.7 kg, 1st Goal: 72 kg - achieved Week 7, Day 2 (51 days) 2nd Goal: 62 kg - achieved Week 18, day 6 (132 days) Final Goal: 52 kg
Old 11-01-2008, 13:31
I am here for good

My NYF Diary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo
Good luck SMS. Who was your consultant ? Peter is the skinnier guy, I forget the name of the other who when I first met him said he had another 30kg to lose and was on the program. When I walked in again 6 months later to pick up my refeed and I was -50kg, I think he still had 29.5kg to go. It did make me wonder what sort of a message the clinic gives out when the principles are overweight.

I two had multpile Beef choices for meal three, and I think multiple chicken for meal 2. Well done on the crispbread and fruit allowance, I would have killed for that extra food ! I do wonder why that is though. I know LF had 3 fruits but I put him down to being a lot taller. I know how tall you are so that can't possibly be your reason. Could it be because you'll be turning 76 next year ?
I believe Richard is the other consultant you are talking about (who I had) and yes I would say he has at least 30Kg more to go. I wondered about the "message" as well when I had my initial appointment with Innira and saw him there that evening. At least now knowing he is still on the program makes me feel somewhat better. He also told me that you are the Singapore Lifestyle Clinique's "Poster Boy", seeing you are the most successful participant they have ever had.

Regarding the different options and the crispbread/fruits allowances. As I am a short little bugger at 1.7m I'm not to sure height has too much to do with it. Maybe it's an age thing? Don't forget I've got 36 years on you? Wait a minute! 18 years!

I also wonder whether the blood workup has any bearing on it. All my vitals were within the normal ranges on the blood test. Anyway, I saw the allowances and kinda breathed a sign of relief as it looks like I'm not going to have too much trouble. My weight gain is from not so much the quantity and what I ate previously, but more a matter of when. Having to go and do 3 meals a day instead of my normal habit of 1 meal too late at night in the end I'm probably eating the same quantity of food every 24 hours, but it's where it's supposed to be with the added help of less carbs? Sounds plausible anyway.

Thanks for all the support folks. Baloo, I, like youself, am an inquisitive bugger, so I'll be adopting your daily reporting style here as well as having a somewhat modified version of your spreadsheet on my website. Thanks for the template. Will get around to the ticker shortly.

Old 11-01-2008, 14:54
Forum Grease Monkey

My NYF Diary

"Poster Boy" - Now that is a scary thought !!!
Old 11-01-2008, 15:54
On my way - To a new me.

Hi! Welcome SMS!
2 of my friends who started after me here in WA also got the extra option in the #2 and # 3 meals. I was a bit bummed! hehehe..not really... mine is working for me JUST FINE!!! But they still only got 5 crackers and 2 fruits.

I would have loved the extra options though... They also got heaps extra cheese. I was told I had a lower than average cheese serving... which sucked... cos its my FAV... even more so because I only have it once a week!

Again Welcome!!! You too will be a POSTER BOY!!!

Blessya
Kannadew
Old 13-01-2008, 15:37
I am here for good

My NYF Diary

Date: Sunday 13 Jan 2008
CohenDate: W1D1
Today's Weight: 92.4 Kg /
Breakfast: Egg Stirfry w/mushroom,cabbage,capsicum
Lunch: Chicken Stirfry w/mushroom,cabbage,capsicum
Dinner: Beef Stirfry w/mushroom,cabbage,capsicum,onion
Fluids: 3l +3x250ml tea
Deviations: None
Detail Chart

Today it starts. Spent 4 hours yesterday doing the initial weeks setup. Told the other half not to worry the first week as stirfry is the easiest and fastest route to go. After that, once she gets used to the drill she can experiment with all the recipes if she wants.

I'm easy that way. I've never lived to eat but more like eat to live. That's why I got into a bad habit of only eating once a day late at night when the tank finally ran dry. (kinda treated my body like a car, when the tank gets low, refill it and off you go). This means I can actually eat the same thing over and over as it's only a process that I have to go through.

Interestingly enough, after all the cutting and weighing yesterday, I'm really a bit apprehensive as It would appear that my total intake of food under this program on a 24 hours cycle is more than I consumed my way! Of course without Carbs it should make a devil of a difference as well as the relearning how/when to eat. Felt darn funny sitting down at the table with breakfast this morning. Guess now I've got to get up 30 minutes earlier.

Bummer this evening though. On Friday I thought Saturday evening was going to be the last hurrah as we were supposed to go out with my best mate who got married 2 years ago this weekend. Saturday morning it got changed to this evening. The wife said why not just start the program on Monday. I figured that this would only be the first of several hard decisions through the course so I'm starting today anyway and will just have to learn to do without. No pain no gain.

Update this evening, turns out my dinner came after the dinner out due to late start with brekky. Went to a nice Seafood Restaurant this evening, but for me it was only a SEE Food Restaurant. I munched on my apple. (longest it's ever taken to eat a fuji apple). Feeling bloated due to so much fluid intake.

Old 13-01-2008, 23:35
Forum Grease Monkey

My NYF Diary

Good way to start SMS. Tackle those difficult situations head on. No point avoiding them.
Old 14-01-2008, 06:38
Here for the long haul

SMS...that was totally gutsy of you. I am in my second week and I am avoiding public situations like the plaque. I am just not sure how well I would do with it and I am not sure that my family/friends wont try to get me to eat something else...just a bite. I guess I should give them more credit...but I think it is human nature for people to do that.

Anyway, your doing that gives me hope. Great job so far. Looks like you have already weighed in and have had a loss...fantastic!

Cindy

Start 2nd & Final Plan: 10 Jun 09 @ 77kg/170lb | Start 1st Plan: 3 Jan 08 @ 83.9kg/184.5lb |
Finish Refeed: 12 May 08 @ 65.5kg/144lb - - Taking It Day By Day
Old 14-01-2008, 16:25

Thats the way to do it SMS - head on. There is always something to put it off. Sheez, I started before Christmas - everyone thought I was mad, i thought if I could get through that then the rest would be a breeze. Damn right - it is. Good for you.

Irene

Start Date: 10 Dec 2007 - Start Weight: 82.7 kg, 1st Goal: 72 kg - achieved Week 7, Day 2 (51 days) 2nd Goal: 62 kg - achieved Week 18, day 6 (132 days) Final Goal: 52 kg
Old 15-01-2008, 00:28
I am here for good

My NYF Diary

Date: Monday 14 Jan 2008
CohenDate: W1D2
Today's Weight: 91.9 Kg (-.5 kg) / 202.8 lbs
Breakfast: Egg Stirfry w/mushroom, cabbage, capsicum
Lunch: Beef Stirfry w/mushroom, cabbage, capsicum
Dinner: Chicken Stirfry w/mushroom, cauliflower, tomato,capsicum,cabbage
Fluids: 2.5l +3x250ml tea
Detail Chart

Today was easy as well except for the lunchtime temptation. Two birthday's in the office, lunch party of Pizza's & KFC! *drool*
I survived deviation free! As I am the only non-Asian in the company, it gets interesting as the favorite past-time of Singaporeans is eating and shopping (not quite certain even now which takes precedence). There are always goodies floating around the office so it takes a bit of concentration. Not the saying no - that's not a problem. It's when I'm deep into a problem in the accounts on the PC that when stuff comes around I just tend to take and pop it into the grocery grinder without even thinking what I'm doing. Fortunately everybody is aware and understands so they are trying to just pass me by.

Picked up two units of USANA Essentials today. Which reminds me.....

Baloo, my consultant told me that they could be used half strength for the program and would be okay strength-wise. He said one package (two bottles) would do for 8 weeks and not four. Did you get the same info? Also, I didn't buy from the clinique but managed to find a local distributor who is a cardiographer at SGH. Says he actually sells a lot to Cohen devotee's. Getting them at $86/box (228 tabs). Around 28-30 dollars cheaper the the clinic is selling them for. Did you find a cheaper supply? Or did you change to a different brand....

Anyway, day 2 down with no drama at all. Waiting for the hungry monster but I'm feeling stuffed all day between the fluids and 3 meals with snacks.
Old 15-01-2008, 02:05
Forum Grease Monkey

My NYF Diary

They told me the same. My research on USNA didn't give them a glowing report. MLM type affair and all the top reviews seemed to be from distributors.

I switched to either GNC Mega Man or another from Nature something. A lot cheaper.
Old 15-01-2008, 23:04
I am here for good

My NYF Diary

Date: Tuesday 15 Jan 2008
CohenDate: W1D3
Today's Weight: 91.1 kg (-0.8 kg) / 200.6 lbs
Breakfast: Mozzarella Melt w/mushroom, Tomato, capsicum & 2CB
Lunch: Chicken Stirfry & 2CB & kiwi
Dinner: Beef Stirfry
Fluids: 2.5l +4x250ml tea
Detail Chart

Decent loss today. Probably too much info but yesterday's MBM was only 1 of 3 but my weigh-ins are after morning ablutions but before brekky or any fluids. Same type of thing again today but should now give better results (guess having 3 meals a day is a shock to my sewage system). No drama at all today. Starting to get used to drinking all this fluid but still feeling bloated. Bladder seals get bad when you get old. No staying power anymore! Even had a cup of tea late this afternoon without a meal. Last night I quit the fluid intake around 10:30 after my last cracker. This seemed to help the 'up every hour to take a whiz' syndrome pretty good.

We'll see what the cheese does to me tonight after this mornings Mozzarella Melt over Mixed Vegs on Vita-weets (2). That's a lot of cheese for those two little crackers. Next time I'll use the salada's seeing 1 salada = 2 vitaweets. They have more acreage for the vegs & cheese. I hope it's not a real plug or slows down the rate of loss. I love cheese. Any kind of cheese. My daughter is trying to talk me into making paneer from scratch (it's real easy). She wants to make me Palak Paneer (Paneer and Spinach) This is excellent. Maybe this weekend as I'm off this Saturday.
Old 16-01-2008, 09:28
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

You're doing really well SMS. I'm envious given my slight setback today (which I hope will correct itself). I agree about age and bladder. A few other things don't work as well as they used to either.

AJ
What else do I do? I help people make money and I help people save money. Please take a look at http://www.acnlinks.clancie.com.au/
Back again for the support. Still think the diet and the forum are the best ever, but too old to do it again. Now losing again slowly on maintenance diet. Ticker shows next intermediate goal only (5 kilos).

Tags
diary , happen , sms