New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > Completed Diaries > Completed Personal Diaries

Notices

Old 05-04-2008, 12:15
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Default Stoddy's Diary

Hello everyone ...
My name is Karen .. I heard about the program through word of mouth and am excited. I started yesterday and looking forward to the next few months. I am just setting up my profile but look forward to chatting with people soon.
Karen

Started 04/04/08
Goals 80kg DONE 04/05/08 .. 78kg 1/3 way DONE 16/05/08 .. 73kg half way DONE 12/06/08
in 60's DONE 05/07/08.. 68.6kg 2/3 way DONE 12/07/08.. 66kg 3/4 way - normal BMI ..
DONE
Started refeed 9th October at 60.7 kilos - 16 day program
Old 05-04-2008, 12:17
Feeling more at home

Default Re: Stoddy's Diary

Welcome Stoddy

You are going to love this journey and this site is so motivating

Just think you are going to look HOT for ladies day in July ...

I am so happy you are taking this challenge with me..

Jodie

Started Cohens on 3/2/08 at 95.5kg
1st goal lose 10kg Done (7/3/0 2nd goal 80kg (half way) Done (13/4/0 3rd goal 75kg DONE 4th goal is to just finish this program....
Old 05-04-2008, 12:58

Thanks Jodie

I am feeling very excited and positive about this.
And I have double motivation cause this site looks great and supportive, and you are looking fabulous !javascript:void(0);
Marvellous Which also gives me that extra motivation.

I wish I was coming to Bali with you girls but .... Ladies Day is going to be Fantastic !
I can't wait to go buy dresses together .. No size 16 for us this year !!javascript:void(0);
Mando

1st step though is the boyfriend is back in 3 weeks, and the parents are here in 4 weeks !
I hope they notice a change by then !

Stoddy
x

Started 04/04/08
Goals 80kg DONE 04/05/08 .. 78kg 1/3 way DONE 16/05/08 .. 73kg half way DONE 12/06/08
in 60's DONE 05/07/08.. 68.6kg 2/3 way DONE 12/07/08.. 66kg 3/4 way - normal BMI ..
DONE
Old 05-04-2008, 13:11
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi Karen,

Welcome aboard !! And congratulations for taking what will be LIFE-CHANGING for you. Your goals certainly look achievable - some say "expect 4KG per month - with any extra as a bonus". The reality for most, though, seems to be more like 5 - 6Kg per month. That's a dress size per month

If you've read around a bit, you'll see that MANY things will be combining to determine YOUR loss. But the best you can do is to stay 100% on track - very soon (3 weeks or so), the happy hormones kick in, along with the real "fat burning", and you will feel so good, and dropping it off as quickly as you can.

Hang tough through those first few weeks, and you will be bouncing off the walls by the end of April (and maybe even closing in on your first goal - if you haven't already blitzed it Good luck with it all, Karen,

Koh
Old 05-04-2008, 13:44
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

Welcome, Karen. That puppy dog Koh (he's not really one of us, just likes to hang around for the pats on the head) got in before me and took all my words, so I'll just say that he's given you the best advice available.

AJ
What else do I do? I help people make money and I help people save money. Please take a look at http://www.acnlinks.clancie.com.au/
Back again for the support. Still think the diet and the forum are the best ever, but too old to do it again. Now losing again slowly on maintenance diet. Ticker shows next intermediate goal only (5 kilos).

Old 05-04-2008, 14:09
I'm still learning....

Welcome Karen!

You've come to the right place for motivation and support as well as information! The people here are lovely!
Well done for taking that step to do something truly wonderful for yourself!
Take care

Vee
Old 05-04-2008, 14:20
On my way - To a new me.

Hey Karen!!!!

Welcome to the journey of team cohenites.... am excited that you have made this decision... its a really exciting journey, and you will feel fantastic inside and look amazing outside!!!

Goal 1: 90kg Goal 2: 85kg Goal 3: 75kg Goal 4: 70kg Goal 5: 67kg
Old 05-04-2008, 18:17
On my way - To a new me.

Hi Karen,
Welcome to the forum
You may feel like crap the first week but stick to it. After the inital lousy feeling its all good. You will find you may gain extra health benefits as well.
For example I apparently don't snore anymore? (I've never heard myself and think its a scandalous rumor)
I no longer have indigestion or heartburn and can eat citrus without acid. Many other people can share what benefits they have had as well.
The best bit is if you can manage to stay with it 100% the easier it will be for you!
Good luck and I hope your weight comes off easily
Cheers
Matt
Old 05-04-2008, 18:37

Thanks everyone for your kind support.

I watched my friend Jodie start this nearly 2 months ago, she talked to me about starting together, but I must say I was a bit sceptical at the beginning, but seeing her progress and seeing how great she is looking actually got me to a place where I thought Yes .. I can do this .. and I want to do this .....

The hardest thing I guess was the no alcohol policy, this is why I didn't think I could do it. But .. it was similar to when I gave up smoking a year and a half ago, it was something I decided to do, got myself into the mindset, and went for it ..not to prove anything, but for myself, and I never looked back. That is where I feel I am at now with making the decision to commit myself to this program.

I have had a couple of friends surprised at my timing as it is my birthday next week but I got so excited about starting, that I am not that worried about not drinking on my birthday .. I say that now ... but I might think otherwise when the time comes .. haha .. watch this space !

Thanks again for your support .... I know I have made the right decision now !!

javascript:void(0);
Water

Stoddy

Started 04/04/08
DONE
Old 05-04-2008, 20:11
Feeling more at home

Look at that you have already received a big Cohens Welcome

Hold on Stoddy for the ride of your life, this is going to be such a great journey for you....
As I said the other day just keep a picture in your mind of what you want to look like and then go for it.
Anything is acheiveable if you really want it !!!

I have confidence in you to stick to the program and yes we will be going shopping for our size 10 - 12 dresses for ladies day before you know it.

As I said on mums site will have to plan a BBQ at my place for the end of May so we can all prance around in our bathers and swap stories of our Cohens journey..... yipeee.

Jodie

1st goal lose 10kg Done (7/3/0 2nd goal 80kg (half way) Done (13/4/0 3rd goal 75kg DONE 4th goal is to just finish this program....
Old 06-04-2008, 00:21

My NYF Diary

Welcome Stoddy,

Your enthusiasm and drive are incredible. I look forward to watching you succeed...which you will. Eye on the prise Miss Lovely...See you at goal. Bye bye

AlmostEden
Mini Goals: Start the program (complete 29/04) - Under 110kg (completed 04/05) - 106.7kg and under my last Cohens start weight (completed 25/05) - Under 105kg (complete 05/06) - Double Didgits and half way to goal...YAY!!!- Under 95kg - 94kg and into the overweight range - 92kg and past my old sticking point - Back In The 80's - Personal Goal of 87kg...time for refeed!!!!!!!!!! YAY

Old 06-04-2008, 10:22
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

Brave of you to start just before your birthday, Karen. However, it's only one birthday. What you are doing should ensure that you add several more birthdays to the end of your life

I thought I would find no alcohol really difficult, particularly at first. However, I didn't miss it right from the start. I think I was lucky. However, I had been drinking 2-3 glasses of wine every night (or I could be even more honest ). It is possible to enjoy the company of family and friends and not drink alcohol yourself.

Good luck with your journey.

AJ
What else do I do? I help people make money and I help people save money. Please take a look at http://www.acnlinks.clancie.com.au/
Back again for the support. Still think the diet and the forum are the best ever, but too old to do it again. Now losing again slowly on maintenance diet. Ticker shows next intermediate goal only (5 kilos).

Old 06-04-2008, 10:56

Welcome Stoddy
The birthday well you will have plenty more so wait till next yrs. Then you will be slim and trim and have something to really celabrate. Even though I have never been a big drinker I think that once you really get into the 'zone' and the weight and inches start melting away you won't want to deviate/fall off the wagon. You will be so pumped about the losing part nothing else will matter.
Toast yourself on your birthday with a diet soda for starting this amazing journey.
pudge
Old 06-04-2008, 13:07

Hiya Karen & Welcome. I wish you every success with the program and I know it helps to have friends doing or done it for support.
This forum is a great boost and somewhere where you can let it all out because one or more of us may have felt the same way at one time.
I went out to a concert last night, took my own food and drank water and it was do-able. Today I hopped on teh scales and have lost 300-500 grams overnight.
X
Ez
Old 06-04-2008, 17:02
Feeling more at home

Hay Stoddy, just what I just ordered off ebay????
A sexy pair of size 14 ripcurl bikinis for my bali trip.

My size 14 bikinis fit perfect at the moment but I figure being ripcurl they are not real sizes and always look like they were only made for children, so hopefully when they get here they fit nicely, at least for me to wear by the time I get to Bali???
Because I have been wearing bathers around a lot more these days I have noticed that most of my bathers elastic has gone and today when we went to Manton Dam boating my daughter told me my bathers look too big for me, which was actually nice, she used to always tell me that my skirt, top, dress, etc always looked too tight or too small....

Anyway hope your going good over the weekend with the program.

Jodie

Old 08-04-2008, 06:39

OK .. Tis the morning of Day 5 !

So far so good ..... javascript:void(0);
Cheerleader

drinking so much water hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be .. I just keep two pump bottles next to me at work and it seems easy .. mind you I am wearing out the carpet between my desk and the bathroom !! javascript:void(0);
Water

Have noticed I am sleeping like a log, my flatmate is away and usually when he goes away for work I hear every tiny bump in the night and don't sleep, well at the moment I hit the pillow and wake up when my alarm goes off ... even with the tv on !!
But when I wake up I feel dehydrated ??!! Like I have had a heavy night .... maybe it is due to sleeping with the aircon on .. maybe when it gets a bit cooler and I stop using the aircon that might stop ?

Was funny on the weekend .... woke up Sunday ... and instantly thought of bacon and eggs ... but stuck to the program .. then ended up pulling all my tupperware and serving dishes out of the cupboards, cleaning everything, and restacking or throwing stuff away .. mainly to keep me busy and not thinking about yummy weekend food ! I think my house might benefit from this program aswell .. haha

Anyway .... time to get ready for work.

Wishing you all a happy healthy day !javascript:void(0);
Smile

Stoddy

Started 04/04/08
DONE
Old 08-04-2008, 06:49
I am here for good

Hi Stoddy,
I think the waking up thirsty thing is normal, I wake up the same!
Shell

Total lost 50kg!!
REACHED GOAL WEIGHT-ON MAINTENANCE!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:00

Aaah Thanks Shell

I was hoping I wasn't sleep walking to the liquor cabinet !! hehe

Have a good one !

Started 04/04/08
DONE
Old 08-04-2008, 20:47
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

I do most of my walking to the toilet at night, Stoddy, and need a few mouthfuls of water each time I do. I found from the beginning that my mouth gets dry and I feel thirsty if I don't drink regularly. Some seem to notice it more than others.

AJ

Old 13-04-2008, 09:42
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

Sorry I missed your birthday yesterday, Stoddy. I hope you had a great day -- and aren't feeling too many ill effects today. A few days into the start of a diet is not the best time for a birthday.

AJ

Tags
diary , stoddy