New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > Completed Diaries > Completed Personal Diaries

Notices

Old 13-04-2008, 20:08
Part of the Furniture

Location: After my nose...ocean, mountains, mostly with head in the clouds...
Default Maya's diary

My name is Maya, I'm 30 and I wanna become friend with food...

I have been checking out many forums and I am SOOO glad I found you, guys!!!!

It seems soooo nice here... and I wish to be one of you, succesful Cohen's girls!!!!
I wanna say special THANK YOU to Katrin . I am from Europe, too, spent some time in Germany and I love Australia, so somehow her posts got my attention... I just found this forum yesterday and spent few hours on it...

It's my 25th day on Cohens.

I started at 67,9 kg and my target weight, according to dr.Cohen is 52kg.
At first I thought that was way too low, but just reading Katrins mail made me realize I will go all the way to where I feel the best. Thank You, Katrin!
I lost 5 kg the first week - it was a lot of water, though, because the starting weight was also before period... Second week I lost 2.2kg and the third week 1 kg.

I don't weigh myself more than once a week. This week I am very excited about the weight, last week I thought I was kind of hitting the plataue, cuz the weight went down so slow.

So, I decided to Cohen's diet, because I have hormonal problems no doctors could really find answers for - I've been on so many clinics, 4 countries...no one could really help me. If I ate very little, I was better, but you know...hungry ! Othervise I would sweat ALL NIGHTs - I would wake up in the middle of the night, freezing cold and in pijama that was so wet, you could squeeze water out.
I got liver poisoning some time without even knowing - might have happened in India or somewhere on my travellings, which had (according to some doctors), suppose to have influcensed my hormones. My period has always been very weird - 77 days, 50 days, 30 days...I could NEVER and still can't know when I will get it. I've been through many different hormonal treatments which all left me feeling worse.

I was a professional dancer, but had to stop because I broke my knee with skiing. So I dedicated to gym and became a personal trainer. I helped many women to lose weight, but I stayed depressed and helpless with my weight. I could do EVERYTHING I knew, but sometimes pounds would just crawl on me.

So, I fell into this weird relationship with food - LOVE and HATE. I didn't even know how to eat and be happy anymore. If I ate, I was happy while eating, but already feeling guilty...and then starve (well, not really, but you know - diet) and workout like crazy.

I wanna peace! I spent so much energy, money, time...and LIFE with the food obsession that I decided it is time for love.
I wanna love myself.

AND my moodswings have been terrible. I was sooo irritated so quickly, I would not wanna be with anyone anymore, because I didn't wanna hurt anyone, but simply couldn't be nice. I cried a lot and just wanted to be normal...

When I started Cohens, I didn't expect it to be SO rigid, but now I'm understanding more and more, I'm learning so much from it! This forum is sooooo helpful!

First week's weightloss was huge !
Now it stopped a little, but I'm ok, I understand that when it comes to stubborn fat, it goes slow.

My biggest problem is - I'm in a situation where I have to wait a lot.
I'm finishing my study and waiting for a professor's answer - the second I get it, I have to get to work and really dedicate myself big time to study...but until then - I can't do much else. When I'm done, I start with my work that's already waiting for me. My plane ticket is on 17th, but it wont happen, because my professor is too late with her feedback. So - everything is in expectation and doesnt depend on me.

So, waiting at home, checking mail constantly - it's killing me.
So what do I do? Think about food! Thank God I found you guys, since other forums are SOOOO quiet .

I was also very hungry all first 3 weeks. Now it's better. But I have one question...
since I don't like eating so many times a day...I think crackers and fruit between meals just makes me more hungry...

YOU THINK IT'S A BIG DIFFERENCE IN WEIGHTLOSS IF WE EAT FRUIT AND CRACKERS ALLOWANCE WITH THE MEALS or bewteen meals?
I really prefer having just 3 meals and according to Katrin, I saw she was doing same in the end...

OK, so much for now...I hope someone will answer, cuz I wish I could just have 3 meals and thank you all for being so cool on here...

This diet REALLY works and I have to say - no more night sweats, I am also much calmer, my head is kind of clear and just feels good. I wish I could workout more...but since I read the article Katrin posted - I understand now completely why we should avoid working out.

So - hope to write here often and become happy me - I wanna eat to live not live to eat...

Old 13-04-2008, 20:28
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary
Default Re: Maya's diary

Welcome, Maya. I hope I'm the first to actually post, but you'll find there are a lot here wanting to welcome you.

I don't think you have to have the between meal snacks. Once you are past the first 10 days you don't have to have any fruit and crispbreads if you don't want to. Also, you can eat fruit and crispbreads with your meals. Just follow the usual rules, no more than two crispbreads at any one time, etc.

Yes, you've come to the right place.

AJ
What else do I do? I help people make money and I help people save money. Please take a look at http://www.acnlinks.clancie.com.au/
Back again for the support. Still think the diet and the forum are the best ever, but too old to do it again. Now losing again slowly on maintenance diet. Ticker shows next intermediate goal only (5 kilos).

Old 13-04-2008, 20:39
Part of the Furniture

Thank You Thank You Thank You!

Wow, this is nice!!! I've been so lonely on other forums...
Oh, God, this is great, thank you Annabelle Joy!!!!

And thanks for the advice about the crackers ...well, I think for now I will have them. At first I was trying to be 150% and didnt have any and just one apple with yogurt in the morning, but I was sooo hungry . First three weeks all I thought about was FOOD . Then they told me crackers and apples wont slow down my weightloss and so I have them now and I feel less hungry, too.

I just wanna make sure, I'm still 100% if I have them with meals. Makes whole thing much easier for me. Less "diet-like" - if I have 3 meals and time to think about something else but food in between.

THanks again, AJ !!!!
Old 13-04-2008, 20:42
Part of the Furniture

Hi Maya,
Welcome to the forum, this is a great place to come to get the support you need
plenty of members to help you out. Stay focused and you will be fine, great weight
loss so far.
Cheers Jenni

Change the things you can and accept the ones you can't

Start Weight: 118.5 kg - 1st Goal - 110 kg - DONE (- 8.5 kg) , 2nd - 104 kg (- 6 kg), 3rd - 100 kg, (- 4 kg) 4th - 95 kg, 5th - 90 kg, 6th - 85kg, 7th - 80 kg, 8th - 75 kg, 9th - 70 kg, 10th - 65 kg, 11th - 60 kg, 12th - 56 kg = Refeed
Old 13-04-2008, 20:45
On my way - To a new me.

Hi Maya,
Welcome along. Everyone on the forum is brilliant - so supportive and motivational.
Hope you like it here as much as i do.

Old 13-04-2008, 21:36
Part of the Furniture

Oh, thank you thank you I already feel soooo welcome!!!!!

this is great!!!

Will go read some of your diaires... and then write more...
Old 13-04-2008, 23:00
Part of the Furniture

hi maya-

glad to see you here!

bitten

yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift! that is why it is called 'the present'.
Old 13-04-2008, 23:21
Part of the Furniture

Hey, Bitten!

Nice to see ya, too !!!! Lil more life on here, isn't it???

How are you doing?
I am not so hungry anymore...

Old 14-04-2008, 06:34
Never Giving Up

Hey Maya .. welcome to the forum .. it sure is an awesome place to be :P..

Thank you for stopping by my photo journal & leaving such a beautiful comment .. I really appreciate that.

I've been doing this program for almost a year.. I've had my crackers & fruit with my meals pretty much since the day I started.. like you I tried having them between meals but I found all I was doing was thinking about food & it made me feel hungry.. so in the end I'd have a crispbread with breakfast.. then more with lunch & a piece of fruit & then with dinner.. I no longer felt like I was constantly looking at the clock to see when I could eat next & hunger wise I felt more comfortable.. sure it doesn't work that way for everyone, but for me it worked a charm..

I know some people choose not to eat them at all, but I think they are a vital part of the program.. we NEED to have that little bit of extra energy or we can burn out very quickly.. I'll add here & again it's different for everyone.. but I did try a couple of weeks without eating them at all.. my weight loss didn't change a bit.. so if you enjoy them then eat them knowing they are doing you good ..

So far your weight loss is just awesome .. bravo!!!! Keep up the good work hey .. sticking to this 100% is going to get you to goal so much faster & you'll find it so much easier too..

Dont forget lots of water too hey ..

Wishing you the best on the rest of your journey

Old 14-04-2008, 06:50
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Welcome Maya
you will find alot of helpful info on her. Just have a read around. Great losses so far. I am one of the ones that still has the crackers and fruit in between my meals unless I use my crackers to cook with.

I have found that helps me more than eating everything at once. Plus I am too full now after my meal that I would have a hard time eating both the fruit and crackers. Believe me I never thought I would say that.
pudge
Old 14-04-2008, 08:17
Part of the Furniture

hi maya-

i am doing just fine. i am struggling with hunger and a some upsets emotionally. but 100% OP...where i intend to say. yes...this is 'the' cohen board in my opinion and i am thrilled to be part of it.
stick around the people are more than wonderful and so full of knowledge and support.

when did you start you program, i forget? you are doing so well. not far to go at all.

be well-
bitten

yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift! that is why it is called 'the present'.
Old 14-04-2008, 13:33

Hi Maya,
What a gorgeous name....If I'd had a daughter that's one of the names I had picked out.....but 2 roughy toughy boys and not a drop of perfume in sight.
I haven't noticed many people from Europe on here so far......so welcome !! And great losses , well done.....
I'll look in on you..
LILY

Goal 1:Tree Goal2: Lampost Goal3: Garbage Bin Goal4:Tree Goal5: Park Bench

If you want something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done.
Old 14-04-2008, 13:38
On my way - To a new me.

Welcome Maya

You look as if you are settling in just nicely here.

Great job you have done so far

Hugs to you

LJ
Old 14-04-2008, 14:11
Part of the Furniture

Welcome Maya - I agree, you so have a beautiful name..and your weight loss has been fantastic

Isn't funny - I think that we are all the same when we go on a diet - think about food, read mags with great recipes etc
and then there is the food shows in tv!! - perhaps we just didn't notice it before our journey..all for the best
in the long run.

jules

[SIZE=1]The only goal I have is to finish what I started :rolleyes:..and reduce the ticker/signature :p[/SIZE]
Old 14-04-2008, 16:59
Part of the Furniture

Wow!

I can't remember having nicer Monday morning !!!! THANK YOU ALL for the response, oh, God, now I know why you all here are SOOO SUCCESFUL !!!!!!!
I'm blushing right now , so honored to get so much response, thank you!!!!

Bitten - try to keep busy, stay away from tv (I realized that makes me SOOO hungry - especially some american shows - they eat all the time !!!! - OK, yes, I still like to see Beverly HIlls 90210 - it was my highschool dream watching that - we all watched it - for us, that was like...dream come true! Now I see it and it makes me ...you know - it gets me back into my highschool days and is just nice... I like to watch House M.D. (is he yummmmmm or what?!?!) - because I'm not so good with blood and surgeries, so that kind of takes my hunger away... I know - weird :P - but it helps?)...

What I'm doing now...
See, I dont have internet at my place, so I'm a cheater - when I'm at my parents house (every day, cuz I have two big dogs here (each has 145 pounds (65kg) ) and before I take them out, I check email and I have been reading your diaries and copy a lot and then read it at my place in the afternoon. If I would watch tv, I would get hungry. So, your diaries are soooooo motivational!!!! It really helps me !

Faithy - really...I mean - you are the queen...
I think my weight is stable now, not moving (do you ever get feeling it even went up a little?) but I will not give up. I just got a nice mail from consultant - I asked for the next blood test that I thought should do on 28th day? And the consultant said - I can do it before my birthday... So I guess that's what they call it? Birthday?
You are amazing and your note saying you also had 3 meals a day - that was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice to hear, because I thought I would lose weight slower if I do that. THANK YOU!!!

Oh, Bitten - I started it on first day of Spring (I'm kind of ...well, when I decide to do sth, I wanna get all the help I can, so I wanted to do it with the help of Universe and planets,...and on that day Sun comes in Aries - new start - new beginning - so I went with that...I know, might sound silly, but it just gives me more power )... So, my first day was April 20.

Here: my weightloss:

20.4. 2008 : 66.9 kg (147 pounds)
27.3. 2008: 61.9 kg (136 pounds)
3.4. 2008: 59.7 kg (131 pounds)
10.4. 2008: 58.8 kg (129 pounds)

I have been 100% so far - except weighing every week...
First week was a lot of water - it always happens to me to lose it quickly, which means I am full of water ...

Thank you Bruni and Garden Goddess (wow, I can just see flowers and blooming bushes just reading YOUR name! My mom LOVES roses, she ordered 300 roses from Italy and planted them around the garden...)...

Again, girls, women, thank you so much , I really feel welcome here... I will keep writing as I have A LOT to say, but was worried to be too chatty...
Old 14-04-2008, 17:11

You're very welcome darlin',
300 Italian roses !!!!!! That sounds like my idea of heaven on earth.....Roses are also my favourite and rare perennials and cottage garden stuff........Oh stuff it .......I just like PLANTS....all of 'em....
I lived in England for years and got to Europe when ever I could....Is it OK to ask which country you're in ??

It's just superb there.....and the clothes........yes the very ones you are going to be fitting into VERY soon......WOW are you in the right place.......
Cheers LILY

If you want something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done.
Old 14-04-2008, 17:27
Part of the Furniture

You're so sweet...

Well, I'm more like a gypsy... I am in Croatia, where we live on the beach ( I know, sooooo lucky! ), and in Slovenia - which is country next to it. Only one hour and half drive, but for us - it's a lot. Countries are small here. Italy is half hour from here, but I rarely go shopping there, to be honest. I'm really not a fashion girl. I love to shop when I travel - Australia, States... But mostly I am jeans and shirt girl. Last years mostly sweatpants ...

Do you have a diary, too? You seem such a nice woman!!!!!
Old 14-04-2008, 17:41
Part of the Furniture

Garden Goddess, you must be from Australia?
I've been there once with my mom.
I went there to swim with dolphins and visit my friend, so I took my mom with me (to make our relationship better)...
I went to Sydney and then to Perth - I LOVE Perth.
And Rockingham...Oh, my wish is still to come and live in Australia...just the flight is frigging long /24 hours/. But I will. I think I will live in Australia part of my life.
I simply LOVE Australia...
Old 14-04-2008, 18:19
I am here for good

yr right maya....one of the best countries in the world mate....

i am in alice springs...middle of the country, red sand, big big rock.....beautiful....

although i would have to say you are also in a beautiful part of the world....

great your here, this is mostly an aussie forum i think....

pen

Goal 1 = 6kgs DONE; goal 2 = 12kgs; goal 3 = 18kgs; goal 4 = 24kg; goal 5 = 30kgs; goal 6 = 36kgs; goal 7 = refeed
Old 14-04-2008, 18:39

Yep Maya
I'm from the East Coast south of Sydney...not too far from the beaches.......if we behave ourselves the dolphins come and visit us too....but only in the warmer weather (and also we don't behave ourselves very much )
I've travelled all over the place and lived in a few different countries in my time and I agree with Pen .........I'm always glad to get home.......
Yup it is a frigging long flight darl !!!! But we find it keeps the riff raff out......only joking darl....we are the riff raff !!!!!
When you come next time , just ring the doorbell and tell them you know us and we'll swing by and open the gate for 'ya.
LILY

Tags
diary , maya