New You Forums

Go Back   New You Forums > New You Forum Diary Boards > Completed Diaries > Completed Personal Diaries

Notices

Old 22-07-2008, 19:55
Feeling more at home

Default Reecy's Diary

Hello everyone,

i found this forum about a week ago and decided to start a diary as i really find everyone elses very helpful and motivating.

i started Cohens 3 weeks and 5 days ago. so far it has been very smooth for me... was a little hungry and tired with headaches the first few days but now i am feeling good, i have lots of energy, even when working 10-12 hours a day. i have also had a few challanges, with 2 birthday partys. i just took my food with me...felt a bit weird with people looking twice at me....but other than that it has been smooth sailing.

i have a Christmas in july party on this coming weekend and my cousin has asked me to bring my chocolate fountain.....so this will be challenging for me but im going to stay strong.

so far i have lost 9.2kg...with a 5kg loss in the first week...which totally blew me away.

Old 22-07-2008, 20:12
I'm Committed - Or I should be!

Wow you are doing really well! You must be feeling so great1
It would be interesting to find out why it is that some people lose so much so quickly, whilst others are that bit slower when we all follow the plan?
Louise

Just trying to fine tuning my maintenance!!
Old 22-07-2008, 21:33
still around

Wow, what a great weight loss, welcome to the forum, I find it a great support & motivation.Goodluck
Tara x
Old 22-07-2008, 23:24
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

Welcome, Reecy. Great losses to date, particularly as you don't have such a lot to lose.

AJ
What else do I do? I help people make money and I help people save money. Please take a look at http://www.acnlinks.clancie.com.au/
Back again for the support. Still think the diet and the forum are the best ever, but too old to do it again. Now losing again slowly on maintenance diet. Ticker shows next intermediate goal only (5 kilos).

Old 23-07-2008, 05:15
Dedicated New You Forum Nut

Hi Reecy

Yes you will be in and out of here in no time !! Well done on your huge loss to date ! Just chew gum while making the chocolate fountain so you don't feel tempted to lick your fingers or anything .. some of the others on here do that while making the kids food ... and apparently it helps !!

All the best .. look forward to seeing you down to refeed in no time !!

Stoddy

Started 04/04/08
Goals 80kg DONE 04/05/08 .. 78kg 1/3 way DONE 16/05/08 .. 73kg half way DONE 12/06/08
in 60's DONE 05/07/08.. 68.6kg 2/3 way DONE 12/07/08.. 66kg 3/4 way - normal BMI ..
DONE
Started refeed 9th October at 60.7 kilos - 16 day program
Old 23-07-2008, 18:44
Feeling more at home

thankyou everyone for your encouragement.

i will try the gum when i prepare the fountain.. i will let you all know how i go with it.

had a good day today a little hungry now so i might go and make me some dinner...

i am going to get my second blood test tomorrow! YAY

talk to everyone soon

Old 23-07-2008, 23:38
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

A chocolate fountain would be a challenge, Reecy. I hope it goes well.

AJ
What else do I do? I help people make money and I help people save money. Please take a look at http://www.acnlinks.clancie.com.au/
Back again for the support. Still think the diet and the forum are the best ever, but too old to do it again. Now losing again slowly on maintenance diet. Ticker shows next intermediate goal only (5 kilos).

Old 24-07-2008, 07:49
On my way - To a new me.

Hi Reecy. Good luck with the scales today. I've just started and it's great to hear someone doing so well.

Lilamay
Old 24-07-2008, 08:16
Feeling more at home

Hi reecy, I am new also (just started this week) and it is exciting to hear that you are doing great.

Start day 21/07/2008

100% Cohens Challenge DEVIATION FREE:
Old 24-07-2008, 20:12
Feeling more at home

thankyou everyone.

so i had my blood test today and it went well...not too much bruising.

i also jumped on the scales and i have lost 9.8kg, thats a loss of 1.5kg this week. i kind of wish i had hit 10kg but im still really pleased.

i hope next week is as good as the past week.

Old 24-07-2008, 21:27
Been here forever!!! - Ask me Anything !!

My NYF Diary

Hi Reecy,

You're on fire !! Just make sure you check your "old faves" in your wardrobe SOON !! You've already lost 1.5 sizes in quick time - the first week or so is like that....

But now, you'll settle in - and, if you continue to lose 1.5Kg per week (which is a really good figure) then you'll be losing another Size every month

Have you been "shopping" in your wardrobe yet? (Hope so.... )

Koh
Old 24-07-2008, 22:08
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

That's an amazing 4-week loss for someone with not such a lot to lose, Reecy. You must be ecstatic.

AJ

Old 25-07-2008, 07:59
Feeling more at home

hey everyone,

a few years ago i was on jenny craig and lost around 24kg i got to about 5kg above my target weight, but because i had been on the program for over a year i grew sick of eating the same foods and i stopped i put on around 10kgs over the next year, so i tried jenny again, but this time they changed their menu. and you couldnt pick individual meals you had too choose entire days.. and a lot of the food that i liked were on the same day as food i didnt like so i lost around 5kgs and then went off the program again...since then i had put on around 15kg due to me eating whatever i liked.

so i got to a point where i couldnt fit into my clothes, and i refused to buy new ones. and that was when i found cohens. this program is so quick i shouldnt get bored on my weight loss journey. i also had lots of deviations of jenny cause it wasnt so black and white.

so i think this week i might get out some of the clothes i have in my wardrobe and try them on! great idea Koh, should give me some more encouragement.

my brother came up to me the other day at work and said your pants are going to fall down soon if your not careful!! i think people are starting to notice....which is fantastic... i could tell after the first week that my super tight work pants were looser.

also i hopped on the scales this morning and have lost a further 500g.
so i think today is going to be a good day.... actually im babysitting my BF 4 lovely daughters aged 5,5,3,1.5. because she is going to a funeral for a family member, and had no one to mind them...

so wish me luck!!!!

Old 25-07-2008, 23:13
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

Not only will you find that you can fit into old, smaller clothes, Reecy, but you will probably discover that you can get rid of your bigger clothes knowing that you will never need them again.

AJ

Old 27-07-2008, 22:10
Feeling more at home

well i survived christmas in july!!! i set up the fountain and didnt have one little bit of the chocolate.... i took my own dinner. i then spent the rest of the w/end at my cousins place and i took my own food down and didnt stray once.... very proud of myself!!

will hop on the scales tomorrow and see if there is a good surprise!!!

Old 27-07-2008, 22:54
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

So well done with the chocolate fountain, Reecy. I'd be really tempted with that. I was asked to go to a Christmas in July dinner last night, but something like that really isn't any fun if I can't eat any of the food.

AJ

Old 01-08-2008, 18:45
Feeling more at home

just dropping in to say that i weighed in this morning and have now lost 10.9kg thats a loss of 1.1kg this week.... a little dissapointing but i have TOM now so maybe im retaining a little water.

still on track with my food and no deviations, which is something positive. feeling crap today cause of TOM..... cant wait till they are gone, i have no energy at all.

Old 01-08-2008, 18:48
I'm Committed - Or I should be!

Hi Reecy, Im with you, Im almost to the 10kgs mark and cant wait, I didnt lose as fast as you though (tiny bit of envy) Lets hope we both get there real soon!

Louise

Just trying to fine tuning my maintenance!!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:55
Feeling more at home

hi everyone,

i hopped on the scales this morning and have lost another 600g which makes me feel a whole lot better so im up to 11.5kgs yay!!

thanks louise its cool to meet someone who is so close to me in weight loss, i wish you good luck too!!!

i think today is going to be a good one! even though i wont be eating lunch till around 2pm !

hope everyone has a great day!

Old 02-08-2008, 22:49
I think I've got it!!!

My NYF Diary

Good losses so far, Reecy. You're getting close to halfway.

AJ

Tags
diary , reecy